Blue Elgiloy is initially the softest of the tempers. It can be welded with low heat, and soldered without embrittling. Blue Elgiloy is recommended when the wire to be used is over .020” (0.508mm) or when the wire requires considerable bending, welding or soldering. Excellent for edgewise arches, lingual arches, retainers and removables.
Superior physical properties
Longer functioning as a resilient spring wire without distortion or fatigue
Easy soldering without annealing
Easy heat-treating to increase physical properties
Simple electrolyte polishing
No need to apply primer or adhesive on the tooth, as it is already incorporated into the paste.
A simple etching of the enamel followed by drying is enough to prepare the bracket or buccal tube for bonding.
1. Clean tooth surfaces with pumice and water. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
2. Etch the tooth surfaces with GC Ortho Etching Gel for 30 sec., rinse and dry. Porcelain-, metal-, composite-restored teeth should be treated with the appropriate conditioner.
3. Coat the bonding surface of the bracket with GC Ortho Connect paste.
4. Remove the excess adhesive using an explorer or scaler.
5. Cure each bracket for 10 seconds mesially and distally with an LED curing light.